[OpenSCAD] "empty" openscad model?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Tue Apr 14 12:35:37 EDT 2015

I've turning my Haskell OpenSCAD model types into instances of Semigroup
and Monoid, but wonder if I've chosen the right "empty" value for monoids.

For those not familiar with it, a monoid is a structure that has an
operation (in this case, union) with an identity object, empty.  The idea
is that a union of anything with empty should return that same thing.

Is there a convenient such object in OpenSCAD? I just used "box 0 0 0",
which seems to do the right thing, but it feels like there ought to be a
better option for "I need to return an object here, but don't really want
to."