[OpenSCAD] Frustrating unexpected behavior

linkreincarnate linkreincarnate at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 23:36:57 EDT 2015

OK So I can make the lid just fine but when my lidThickness to lidLipHeight
ratio is not 1:1 the hinge placement and cutouts get skewed in the direction
of the bigger number.

It's probably easier to show it than to keep trying to explain though.

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/n12325/IdealHingePlacement.png>
This is a pic of the hinge in it's proper placement.  So long as my
lidThickness = lidLipHeight the hinge always gets aligned to the right spot
no matter what the two number are.

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/n12325/lidLipHeightTooHigh_.png>
This is a pic of the hinge when lidThickness is smaller than lidLipHeight.
As you can see the hinge is higher off of the lid and the cutouts are very
shallow.

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/n12325/lidThicknessTooHigh.png>
This is a picture of the hinge when the lidThickness is larger than the
lidLipHeight.  As you can see now the hinge is too low and there is not
enough clearance for proper operation.

How can I fix my file so that no matter what values I enter for lidThickness
and lidLipHeight the hinge will always be at the proper height?